Gedling Station will be taking part in the national Heritage Open Day scheme, this year taking place on Saturday 19th September.
GEDLING STATION HERITAGE OPEN DAY
19th September 2020. 10am to 4pm. Entry is FREE.
Come and visit the last remaining station on the Great Northern Railway “Back-Line” first opened in 1874 – and learn more about its history, and the heritage of our Village.
• Slide show – The History of Gedling Station
• Guided Tours of the Station, learn of the history of the building across three centuries!
• Learn of the Station links with legendary author JRR Tolkein
• View our Station timeline display
• View our display covering the “Gedling Youth Club” years
• Colouring Competition for all ages
• Test your knowledge in our “All about Gedling” Quiz
• Tea Coffee Soft Drinks and cake available.
This is a FREE event – however any donations will be re-invested back into the Station Regeneration Project.
**** ALL GOVERNMENT COVID-19 GUIDELINES WILL BE APPLIED****
Face masks available / All areas thoroughly cleaned / Hand Sanitisers available