What are we about?
The Gedling Youth Club Management Committee & Trustees, a registered charity 522200, whose sole aim is to regenerate this old Victorian Station Building (1876) & Gym into a Young Persons & Community Hub, serving Community groups of all ages within the area.
What have we done?
The initial objective of regenerating the building and surrounds is well under way. Maintenance, redecoration and updating of facilities is progressing well, with a clear objective of being “Open for Business” by Summer 2021.
What are our Aims?
We currently have 6 clear Objectives;
1. Refurbish and Redecorate all areas of the building
2. Update and Upgrade the electrics and plumbing throughout the building.
3. Clear and upgrade the condition of the Car Park area – with the aim of this area being available for the local Community – for example local Fairs, Shows and Events in 2021.
4. Make the large rooms within the building (including the large Gymnasium) available for local groups and community events in 2021
5. Create a “Gedling Community Heritage” resource, to display, celebrate and promote all aspects of local heritage and history.
6. To be fully operational to support the proposed “Heritage Way” that is included in Gedling borough councils heritage strategy, which will pass alongside the platform edge – linking the green open spaces at Willow Park the Cricket Field on Burton Rd as well as Gedling Country Park, Gedling Village, Carlton & Netherfield.
*****************************MUCH ACHIEVED – MUCH TO DO *************************
CAN YOU HELP?
If you have a skill or talent that can help with our Objectives, or would simply like to volunteer at our events, this will help us move the regeneration forward, please get in touch.
Either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via our Facebook Group – Friends of Gedling Station (click here to visit)
Once the Government restrictions are lifted, we will be looking to push forward with our work – we would love to have your support……. we can promise a friendly welcome, plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits…..and the pride in being a part of creating a wonderful Community Hub for Gedling.
Gedling & District Youth Club